Please join us at a community meeting on Monday, November 26, 2018, from 6:00pm- 8:00pm at the Homestead High School Library, to provide feedback on the Homestead Road Corridor Safe Routes to School Study.
In June of this year, the County Board of Supervisors approved one-time funding to secure a consultant to develop a multi-jurisdictional conceptual plan for additional on- street safety improvements to the Safe Route to School on the Homestead Road corridor for students coming to and from West Valley Elementary School, Cupertino Middle School, and Homestead High School.
The overall objective of the study is to identify near-term pedestrian and bicycle improvements on Homestead Road, from Grant Road to N. Stelling Road/Hollenbeck Avenue, and to seek funding for the identified improvements through various grant applications.
The purpose of the community meeting on November 26, 2018, is:
- Introduce the scope of the study and provide a study schedule and process;
- Present existing conditions observed through data collection and field observations; and,
- Receive community feedback on existing issues and priorities for the
There will be a second community meeting in early 2019 to:
- Provide an update to the community on the study status;
- Present proposed concepts; and,
- Receive community feedback on the proposed concepts that have been developed based on input received from first community
More information about the study can be found at: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/rda/PnS/CP/Pages/Homestead-Rd.aspx
For questions regarding the study or to contact project team, please send an email to: RDA-HomesteadRoad.Study@rda.sccgov.org