Homestead Road Corridor Study
Project Update 1/14: Second Community Meeting is scheduled on Monday, February 25, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Homestead High School Auditorium. Project Overview:On June 13th, 2018, the County Board of Supervisors approved one-time funding to secure a consultant to develop a multi-jurisdictional conceptual plan for additional on-street safety improvements to the Safe Route to School on the Homestead Road corridor for students coming to and from West Valley Elementary School, Cupertino Middle School, and Homestead High School. The overall objective of the study is to identify near-term pedestrian and bicycle improvements on Homestead Road, from Grant Road to N. Stelling Road/Hollenbeck Avenue, and to seek funding for the identified improvements through various grant applications. The purpose of the first community meeting on November 26, 2018, is:
- Introduce the scope of the study and provide a study schedule and process;
- Present existing conditions observed through data collection and field observations; and,
- Receive community feedback on existing issues and priorities for the corridor.
There will be a second community meeting in early 2019 to:
- Provide an update to the community on the study status;
- Present proposed concepts; and,
- Receive community feedback on the prosed concepts that have been developed based on input received from first community meeting.
For questions regarding this study or to contact project team, please email to RDA-HomesteadRoad.Study@rda.sccgov.org
- Homestead Road Comments ListPosted 12/14/2018
- Homestead In-Progess Study Schedule
- Homestead Project Road Location Map
First Homestead Community Meeting – held on 11/26/2018