- This event has passed.
Bike Tour of Cupertino’s Site Plans
July 20, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The goal of this Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition tour is to share what the City is working on and what they are planning. In partnership with the City of Cupertino and Walk-Bike Cupertino, It is part of a series of city bike infrastructure tours so that cities and advocates can learn from each other. The city has 6 main bike infrastructure projects in process:
- Cross-town separated bike way from Monta Vista High School to City Hall; In detailed engineering; construction to start this Fall on key segments.
- Regnart Creek Trail connecting City Hall/Library with Wilson/Creekside Parks, Cupertino High School and Barnhart Ave.
- Junipero Serra Trail – A separated bikeway inside the 280 soundwall from Don Burnett Bridge/Mary Ave to Tantau/Vallco; currently in project evaluation.
- Bike Boulevard Network. A network of “off the main corridors” routes that will enable citizen to more easily cut through neighborhoods to schools, shopping and parks. In detail engineering with work starting this Fall.
- DeAnza Trail – A planned bike/ped route along the Union Pacific rail lines. In early stages of gathering community input.
- Stevens Creek Blvd Separated Bike lanes from Tantau Ave to Wolfe Road. In early stages of engineering.
An rsvp is required as we need to keep riders capped and the bike crowd manageable. Please rsvp to Shiloh Ballard…. at Shiloh@bikesiliconvalley.org.